DIVE, DIVE, DIVE! SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT!
If you are a scuba diver, snorkeler, kayaker, stand up paddleboarder, photographer, videographer or nature enthusiast, this trip was made for you! Whether you are shooting with a GoPro or all-in-one up to a mirrorless or full DSLR with strobes and underwater housing, this trip offers something for you, with an incredible amount of convenience!
Situated on Roatan’s south shore, Coco View Resort is perched on the edge of the world’s second largest coral reef. The resort is tucked behind extensive shallow coral formations and protected by a barrier reef wall, which plunges to a depth of 110 feet. Coco View’s house reef is always enjoyable to explore due to the many creatures who make the reef their home.
If you’re looking to explore a sunken wreck, the Prince Albert and DC3 airplane are a short swim out from the resort. With so much to enjoy right at the house reef, it’s no wonder that unlimited shore diving is popular 24 hours a day. This location is a paradise for snorkelers as well.
Photographers, videographers and guests will have access to 5 clinics to improve your underwater captures. Take your diving and photography to the next level with quick clinics in between your dives. Your photography clinics will be taught by National Geographic TV, BBC Television, Discovery Channel, Sci-Fi Channel, Aggressor/Dancer Fleet photographer, videographer, and drone pilot Tim Blanton. * Private, tailored sessions are available for additional costs.
- Buoyancy, Approaching Marine Life, and How to be a Buddy to a Photographer with HPS Staff
- Camera Care with Tim Blanton
- Composition and Wide Angle Photography with Tim Blanton
- Lighting Techniques with Tim Blanton
- Macro Photography with Tim Blanton
Island Experience for Non-Divers
When you’re not diving or taking photos, there are plenty of activities on the island to keep you entertained from eco tours, canopy tours with zip lining, Copan’s ancient Mayan civilization tours to the butterfly gardens, botanical gardens, golfing and shopping for your perfect souvenirs!
- Roundtrip transfers between the airport and hotel
- 7 nights at Coco View Resort (double occupancy)
- 3 meals daily including breakfast to order, full lunch, dinner buffet plus a special BBQ on a private cay, weather permitting
- Tea, water, coffee & juices
- 2 boat dives daily including 1 tank optional drop-off wall dive after each boat dive (up to 4 tanks daily)
- Unlimited beach diving with tanks, weights & belt
- Buoyancy clinic with HPS staff
- Photography clinics with Tim Blanton
- Hotel taxes and service charges on hotel/dive package
- Trip Leader
- International airfare between Denver and Roatan
- Personal dive equipment
- Private photography classes
- Rental camera gear
- Meals & beverages not specified
- Gratuities to resort & dive staff
- Nitrox ($125 for the week)
- Chamber fees “optional” ($2.00 USD per person/per day)
- Departure tax, if not included in airfare
- Baggage fees
- Dive Insurance and Trip Cancellation Insurance (Strongly Encouraged)